Saturday, February 5, 2011

An Interview with Elaine Thomas of Alphabet Studio



Elaine Thomas is the imaginative artist behind the
Ohio based
Alphabet Studio


How would you describe your work? I would describe my work as an eclectic grouping with an infusion of mixed media.


How long have you been creating Halloween themed art? I’ve always had a love Halloween but my true passion came in 2000.


What do you consider your greatest creative challenge? My greatest creative challenge would be to balance my time. I know once I start creating it is hard for me stop sometimes. I may start a project in the morning and before I know it is time to get dinner on for the family.


What do you like most about being a member of EHAG? I am excited to be apart of a group whose members also share a passion for creating wonderful Halloween Art.


What was your favorite childhood costume, and why?  Well, I would have to say I just loved Pippi Long Stocking. I work and watch her movies all the time.


Do you have any favorite Halloween Traditions? My favorite Halloween Tradition is watching old Scary Movies like, “Halloween” and “Friday the 13th”.


Where do you find your inspiration? I find inspiration from childhood memories, shopping at antiques stores and through my dreams.


What are your artistic plans for the future?  I plan to continue creating my art for collectors and work toward learning techniques to improve my art. I will continue my licensing contracts.


"Open the Vault" - tell us a secret that not many people know about you.  Well, LOL, I seem to have lost the code to the vault so once I remember the code I will share some secrets!


How do you balance your personal/professional life? Wow that can sometimes be hard for me with a hubby and kids. But, I find I work best in the morning. So, after my kids are off to school I spend a few hours creating. Also, throwing meat and veggies in the crockpot helps during those busy sculpting days. (lol)


What shows if any will you be participating in this year/next year? Right now I am reviewing my options and will post confirmed shows dates on my blog at www.artful-spirit.blogspot.com


Elaine's work is also available in her etsy shop
and at

7 comments:

Linda said...

Brilliant artworks.:) Linda

Elaine said...

Thanks Linda : )

miniaturista said...

Son unas caras muy graciosas.
Un abrazo
Maite

Chicken Lips said...

Elaine's work is a constant source of inspiration for me. What a talent!

Oberon's Wood said...

Sooo cute and cuddly...you could just eat them all up ;o)

Flora said...

I could look at Elaines art all day long and never tire of her delightfully sweet creations!!!!
In otherwords I LOVE her art!!!!That fat lady has got to be the cutest one around!!!
Blessings,Flora

doters said...

Hello, Len! It's Connie from dotersdoting.blogspot.com; just went exploring after reading your kind comment on my blog and had to leave a note as well!! Great stuff from a fun-looking crowd!! I hope to have some new pieces up on my Etsy shop soon that might fit right in... My "8" followers don't yet compare to your "339", but off we go...