Thursday, September 11, 2008

Great Pumpkin Carve

The dates have been announced for this year's Great Pumpkin Carve in Chadds Ford, PA. It will take place October 23rd - 25th. If you live in the tri-state area and love Halloween, this event is not to be missed! I've been competing in this competition with my mother for the last five years and we've been lucky enough to win several awards. Here is our giant carved pumpkin from last year.

Depending on the growing season, the pumpkins can weigh several hundred pounds. Professional as well as non professionals carve in the competition. There is live music, hayrides and tons of food. My favorite part is on the first night when the carving has stopped and the lights go off. It is a truly magical place to be!
If you are in the area on the first night stop by and find me.
Jennifer - Gypsy Mare Studios

3 comments:

Designs by CK said...

One of the best carved pumpkins I have ever seen Jen! :)

Chris

Melissa said...

SPECTACULAR Pumpkin Jen! Sounds like a magical event.

Leah's Art Magic said...

Beautiful pumpkin craving Jen! I am sure it looks even better in person!

Leah